List of current vacancies:
1 | Finance Officer/Accountant (Deadline: 25 Apr. 2017)
2 | University Librarian (Deadline: 07 May 2017)
3 | Russian Editor/Translator (Deadline: Position open until filled)
Position: Finance Officer/Accountant
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: 25 April 2017
- Streamline the record keeping for the transactions made through the UCA Dushanbe office and preparing accurate and timely financial report on a monthly basis.
- Assist in checking and verifying all payments and make recommendation for the payment processing while ensuring compliance with the UCA financial policies and procedures and authority matrix.
- Perform and assist as needed with daily accounting operations, including cash receipts, disbursements and accruals, fixed asset purchases, operating within iScala information system.
- Ensure effective / accurate maintenance of fixed assets registry and assist in periodic physical verification in accordance with the policy.
- Salary accrual, including creation of the monthly reporting and payment of applicable taxes and deductions.
- Preparation and submission of statutory reports, tax and statistical reporting including VAT on a monthly basis.
- Assist in compilation of UCA financial reports on periodic basis and in preparing other financial reports including travel, sectional report, advances and payables, etc.
- Undertake any other assignment given by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree or any diploma in the field of Finance and Accounting from a reputed organization
- Minimum 2 years of professional working experience in a similar position in an international working environment
- Qualification such as CAP/CIPA is an advance
- Fluent in English, Russian and Tajik languages
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literate: MS Word, MS Excel, Internet and email. Experience with iScala would be an advantage
Position: University Librarian
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 07 May 2017
- Develop and implement a clear and concise strategic plan for the library that promotes the mission of the university and bring in continuous improvement;
- Work with different librarians across the Aga Khan Development Network;
- Plan, implement and administer library functions, resources and services based on internationally recognised standards and best practices;
- Obtain a good grasp of the curricular offerings and research efforts of the university by developing strong partnerships within the various teaching and research departments to assess, provide and improve library collections and services to meet student and faculty needs;
- Obtain feedback, compile statistical data, evaluate and assess effectiveness and efficiency of library services;
- In collaboration with Campus Librarians, set priorities and budgets for the staff, facilities, collections, including print, media and electronic that support the university’s curricular and research efforts;
- Supervise and manage the physical library facilities to ensure these are safe, accessible, effective, efficient and inviting;
- Directly supervise the position of Campus Librarian on each campus; direct and advise Campus Librarians regarding supervision, recruitment, retention, and professional development of personnel under their supervision; and
- Work with Campus Librarians and the IT staff of the university on the library’s information systems and develop procedural guidelines for technical services such as cataloging, periodicals, course reserves, processing, mending and circulation of materials.
- Energetic and ambitious team player who thrives on a challenge and is comfortable working in a remote setting with limited staffing and facilities;
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from an accredited institution would be an asset;
- Significant experience in an academic library setting including supervisory experience in increasingly responsible positions;
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of library operations including extensive knowledge of contemporary library practices, trends and emerging technologies;
- Knowledge of technology use in library systems (i.e. library automation systems, online resources, and instructional technologies);
- Experience in using technologies to provide and enhance library services and their changing roles in higher education;
- Knowledge of and experience with outcomes and assessment of library services;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment; and
- Experience working in international educational institutions.
- Advanced English; and
- Working knowledge of Russian would be an asset
The position will be based in Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic and would require regional travel.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Position: Russian Editor/Translator
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: Position open until filled
- Perform timely oral interpretation and written translation, editing to ensure compliance with established requirements for scientific and technical terms and definitions, and consistency with the lexical and semantic content of the source;
- Proofread, fact check, edit and revise translated materials;
- Develop and maintain multi-lingual UCA glossary of technical and commonly used terms for use by internal stakeholders and outsourced translators to ensure consistency across multiple languages;
- Edit content for University communications and marketing outputs, including website content, newsletters, flyers, press releases and other internal and external materials to highlight UCA, AKDN and external brand and value propositions;
- Continuously improve knowledge of terminology and maintain awareness of topics and events related to performance of job duties and responsibilities;
- Provide substantive and copy editing services to UCA programmes, including supporting UCA’s three research institutes through the editing of working papers, glossaries and publications;
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Communications and Marketing.
- At least 3 years of work experience as an editor in international or other organisations;
- Excellent command of writing, editing and speaking in Russian;
- A strong command of writing and speaking in English is required;
- Experience working in an international organisation is highly desired;
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik or Kazakh is an asset;
- Ability to edit/review large volumes of information in dynamic and high pressure environments;
- Some knowledge of industry-specific terminology for example in education, construction, finance, economics, statistics, tax or law;
- Superior editing skills (substantive and copy) in a variety of styles and voices for a range of platforms;
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to communicate across institutional hierarchy, cultures and locations;
- Sound judgement to manage confidential information and serve as liaison to partner organisations;
- Experience in and knowledge of international development, capacity building, education and Central Asia a plus.