Want to be the first to know about our latest UCA vacancies?
Subscribe to our mailing list today to receive job openings directly to your inbox!
List of current vacancies:
1 | Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation Programs Trainer (Re-announcement) (Deadline: 10 May 2021)
2 | Administrative Intern (Deadline: 12 May 2021)
3 | Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor of Mathematics (Deadline: 20 May 2021)
4 | Dean of Graduate School of Development (Deadline: 30 May 2021)
5 | Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan (Deadline: Position open until filled)
6 | IT Intern (re-announcement) (Deadline: Position open until filled)
Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation Programs Trainer (Re-announcement)
Position: Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation Programs Trainer (Re-announcement)
Department: Centre for Entrepreneurship (NCE), School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 10 May 2021
- Develop Expert Entrepreneurship Training Program, Business Incubation Program, and Business Pre-Incubation Program for entrepreneurs in collab. with entrepreneurs, trainers, and UCA Team;
- Deliver the developed Entrepreneurship Training Program, Business Pre-Incubation; Program, and Business Incubation Program to entrepreneurs:
- Trainer will go deep planning and writing up concrete recipes on how to achieve KPIs for startups and after careful consideration, planning, and analysis together with participants;
- The successful incubation rate is not lower than 80% (min 10 incubations per year);
- Participants’ evaluation grade satisfied with programs not lower than 80%.
- Benefiting from expert Training of Trainers (TOT) conducted by international business trainer;
- Develop and conduct Entrepreneurship Training Program – (incl. concept, tailored practical methods and exercises, relevant curriculum and teaching materials, modules, activities and other);
- Developing and conducting Business Pre- and Incubation Programs for entrepreneurs;
- Helping entrepreneurs to establish their business ideas, gauge market demand, build value/based sales and marketing strategy, and sustainable business models;
- Planning, market analysis, and writing up concrete recipes on how to achieve KPIs for startups;
- Helping entrepreneurs to quickly and efficiently test hypotheses, find points of multiple growths, formulate and test business values; help implement values in marketing, delivery, and production;
- Leading and guiding other trainers and entrepreneurs, consulting and assisting;
- Jointly creating, validating, optimizing, tracking, and mentoring entrepreneurs’ progress from product creation to first profit generation during the first two cycles of mentees operations;
- Overseeing development of entrepreneurs, their strategical plan of incubated ideas, financial plans and financial forecasts, monitoring and mentoring their projects;
- Ensuring that trainings planned and delivered in a highly participative, interactive manner and are responsive to the request and suggestions of the participants;
- Consulting and supporting the UCA/SPCE/NCE leadership Team and business units;
- Study tours / masterclasses, exchanging best practice experience in the relevant fields;
- Drafting workplans, budgets, TORs of programs/trainings, reports, and other docs as requested;
- Showcasing and testing the developed business incubation program;
- Guiding business ideas from idea to prototype to market launch and profit;
- Providing business incubation, acceleration, and mentoring services to startups and entrepreneurs;
- Promoting and integrating the NCE UCA brand into all activity, aligned to customer experience.
- Relevant experience of at least 5 years in the positions of product manager, business consultant, teaching, mentoring or relevant in sales/marketing, business development and entrepreneurship;
- Good understanding of the existing regional business principals, strategies, and legislation of Custom Development, HADI, unit economics, the mechanics of working with a sales funnel;
- Experience in developing new products within the company / developing a startup from scratch;
- Experience with accelerators and incubators, mentoring and helping take startups to fruition;
- International certifications confirming pedagogical skills will be an asset;
- Any experience in conducting trainings and workshops will be an asset;
- High level of social competences: excellent intercultural, interpersonal communication (inter-personal skills), teamwork and ability to transfer knowledge to participants;
- Flexibility, client-oriented approach, and ability to adjust to change circumstances and needs;
- Enthusiastic, well organized, structured, thorough, and independent work style;
- Strong, empathetic team player, fluent in English, Kyrgyz and Russian.
- Benefit from Trainings on Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation Programs conducted by international business trainer: up to 1 (one) month (unpaid);
- Develop and conduct Entrepreneurship Program 1 (one) month and Business Incubation Program 3 (three) months for participants, i.e., entrepreneurs;
- Based on the selection of trainer, work schedules will be discussed and established separately.
Position: Administrative Intern
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 12 May 2021
- Providing assistance and support to the Administration department.
- Providing logistics of seminars and other events at UCA
- Order and procure stationery and office supplies, keep in the stock, and provide to staff upon request. Make a stock report.
- Travel and logistic arrangements for UCA staff and guests
- Do inventory of all UCA properties.
- Assist Office Coordinator in organizing different events.
- Assist with SAP upload documents.
- Serve as backup to the Administrative Office.
- Replace Admin staff when needed.
- Other tasks relevant to the core responsibilities and duties of this position, as assigned by the supervisor.
- At least a bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in economics or administration related subject is imperative.
- 1-2 years of working knowledge and experience in the same domain.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and work independently and in a team environment.
- Fluency to speak English, Russian, and Kyrgyz is required;
- Working knowledge of MS Office programmes, Internet and E-mail.
- Punctuality, Responsibility, Flexibility.
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor of Mathematics
Position: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor of Mathematics
Department: Mathematics and Natural Sciences (MANS), School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyzstan and possibility of moving across campuses in future
Deadline: 20 May 2021
- The Mathematics Faculty Member will teach a series of Mathematics courses preferably Calculus-II, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics and Statistics.
- The students should achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Apply mathematical reasoning skills to identify the scope of complex mathematical problems;
- Develop logical skills in writing program across computer science courses;
- Select mathematical techniques and methods required to solve discrete mathematics problems;
- Use computational strategies related to Graph Theory, Combinatorics, Probability and advanced Statistics;
- Justify solutions through mathematical arguments that integrate multiple concepts;
- Use a variety of ways to represent and communicate the processes used and solutions to discrete mathematics problems;
- Use computational strategies related to Limits, Continuity, Derivatives, Integrals, and Vectors to explore mathematical concepts;
- Express statement and problems using precise mathematical language in new and familiar domains;
- Create a mathematical proof or disproof of a given statement choosing methods from different proof techniques;
- Use modular arithmetic and congruences relations in cryptography;
- Evaluate the correctness and complexity of the algorithms and use counting principles in computation;
- Solve differential equations and application in physics and engineering.
- A Master’s Degree from a globally recognized university in Mathematics or a related discipline where the individual had the opportunity to use advanced statistical methodologies (R-programming) would be ideal;
- Teaching Certification from a globally recognized university;
- Experience (5+ years) in teaching Mathematics in community college and/or university students;
- Native-like English;
- Experience in teaching Mathematics in English medium (3-4 years).
- A Ph.D. from an internationally recognised university would be an asset;
- Experience teaching Calculus, Discrete Mathematics and Advanced Statistics;
- Experience in R-programing and other statistical tools;
- Experience with Mathematics curriculum development;
- Experience in developing and delivering training modules to other teachers, tutors, mentors, etc.;
- Experience managing student projects;
- Professional familiarity with Central Asian secondary and post-secondary education landscape would be an asset;
- Advanced Russian and some knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik or Kazakh would be an asset.
- Report to the Chair of Department of Mathematics and Natural Science;
- You should be prepared to relocate by August 2021 for acculturation and to prepare for teaching starting in September academic year.
Dean of Graduate School of Development
Position: Dean of Graduate School of Development
Department: Graduate School of Development
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 30 May 2021
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant field, together with a distinguished record of scholarly accomplishments.
- A demonstrated track record spanning more than ten years of administrative experience in academic/research leadership positions.
- Experience in university academic policy planning, development, and administration.
- Previous experience of work in the region.
- Advanced English is required.
- Knowledge of Russian would be an important asset.
Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan
Position: Manager of Advancement for Kazakhstan
Department: Advancement and Public Affairs
Duty station: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Deadline: Position open until filled
- Assist the Director of APA in developing and achieving fundraising goals, strategies, plans and objectives for potential donors in Central Asia.
- Identify prospects and develop strategies to cultivate and solicit major gifts from corporations, and high net worth individuals in Kazakhstan.
- Prepare fundraising proposals and gift opportunities for solicitating donations from existing as well as new prospects.
- Identify and analyse information pertinent to the development of relationships with potential individual donors and corporations.
- Prepare and present fund raising status reports to University officials.
- Develop and administer recognition policies, and establish on-going dialogue and communication with existing and potential donors.
- Visit donors, donor organisations, and foundations throughout Kazakhstan to raise awareness of the University’s programmes, new initiatives, and achievements, with the objective of soliciting gifts.
- Supervise and implement an effective programme of communication and stewardship for all donors and prospects.
- Organise events on campus and elsewhere to showcase key programmes and achievements of UCA, with the objective of creating awareness and seeking donor support.
- Plan and manage various campaigns and annual giving drives to achieve established fund raising targets and goals.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers in various donor geographies, to ensure they become effective in donor research, cultivation, solicitation (where appropriate), and follow up.
- Establish systems for the effective tracking of fundraising drives, pledges, collections, acknowledgement of gifts, and timely collection of pledges.
- Cultivate relationships with Central Asian and international media to give UCA greater regional and global exposure.
- Provide strategic guidance to all entities and officers of the University on communications and marketing, media engagement, and donor event planning and management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of APA.
- Master’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, public relations, fundraising, government, or other germane fields. Relevant experience in lieu of a Master’s degree may be considered in exceptional cases.
- At least ten years of experience in the corporate, business, or marketing profession. Previous fundraising experience is desirable.
- The ability to motivate volunteers to engage with potential donors, and ensure effective follow up.
- Maturity and ability to work with senior persons including UCA’s management team.
- Ability and stamina to travel regionally and internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fundraising and communications for an innovative institution like UCA requires the ability to think creatively, and a strong commitment to the mission and objectives of the University.
- Demonstrated record of establishing relationships and rapport with the media.
- Fluency in English, Kazakh, and Russian. Ability to speak in Kyrgyz and Tajik, an asset.
IT Intern (re-announcement)
Position: IT Intern (re-announcement)
Department: Information Technologies (IT)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: Position open until filled
- The main duties and responsibilities of the IT Intern is to:
- Set up and maintain computer, communication, and audio-visual equipment
- Assist faculty and staff with multimedia systems
- Ensure that all equipment is in good running condition and make sure they are maintained properly and wherever required are repaired including the IT Labs
- Plan routine check-up and maintenance of all equipment and accessories. Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement
- Keep a log of day-to-day problems and resolution with the hardware and software
- Give any kind of basic IT training/ orientation of IT equipment for the staff if required
- Perform on-site and remote technical support for staff when required. Respond to the request of the staff if help is needed for repair and installation of new hardware or software
- Maintain storage of equipment; make sure the equipment and accessories are properly stored and tracked
- Assist in IT equipment inventory management
- Work closely with the IT staff to provide effective end-user support and issue resolution
- Maintain communication with the supervisor on all tasks and projects
- Substitute IT colleagues while they are on leave
- Just Graduated/Graduating students in Computer Science field (IT)
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Excellent customer service skills, with an attitude to learn and improve skills
- Good team player with the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues
- Knowledge of Operation Systems: Windows 7/10